Chrome OS may seem lightweight and less feature-rich than Windows or macOS, but it lets you customize most elements of the operating system. You can enable dark mode on your Chromebook through the new Wallpaper app. You can even add widgets to the Chromebook desktop and do so much more. Now, in this article, we bring you a detailed guide on how to change Google background on Chromebook. You can download and set a new theme, change the desktop wallpaper, and add a new screensaver background to your Chromebook. So on that note, let’s jump in.
Customize the Google Background on a Chromebook (2022)
– Advertising –
In this tutorial, we’ve added several ways to change the Google background on your Chromebook. You can apply new theme, change background in chrome browser, set new wallpaper or change screen saver. Simply expand the table below and jump to the desired section.
1. First of all, open Chrome browser on your Chromebook and click on “Customize Chromium” in the lower right corner.
2. Then under the “Background“, choose your favorite wallpaper from Google’s variety of collections. Surely you should find something to your liking here. If not, move on to the next point.
3. You can also set custom background in chrome browser. Just click on “Download from devicein the “Background” settings tab.
4. Now choose the background image for your Chromebook local storage.
5. That’s it. And this is how you can change the Google Chrome background on your Chromebook.
1. If you want to change theme with background, open Settings in Chrome browser. For this, click on the 3-dot menu in the upper right corner and select “Settings“.
2. Move to the “Appearance” in the left sidebar and click on “Browser themes” in the right pane.
3. This will open the Themes page in Chrome Web Store. Go ahead and browse through the different themes of your Chromebook.
3. Open your favorite theme and click on “Add to Chrome” browser button.
5. And this is what it looks like after the the theme you choose is applied. Rather beautiful, right?
Change the desktop background on your Chromebook
1. To change the desktop background of your Chromebook, right click on desktop and select “Set wallpaper and style”.
2. Next, click on “Wallpaper” in the window that opens.
3. Here you can find a number of great wallpapers made by artists from different backgrounds.
4. Just select the wallpaper you like and it will be set as your Chromebook background. If you want to see a new wallpaper every day on your Chromebook desktop, click “Change daily” at the top to activate it.
5. Apart from this, you can also set your Chromebook background directly from Google Photos as well as local storage. Yes, Chrome OS also offers themes and customization options to rival Windows and Mac.
Change the screen saver on your Chromebook
1. If you want to set a dynamic screensaver background on your Chromebook, you can do that easily. Just right click on the desktop and open “Set wallpaper and style“.
2. Next, click on “Screen saver” in the window that opens.
3. Here, enable toggle at the top, and it will activate the dynamic screensaver feature on your Chromebook.
4. Just below you can choose the source of the image for the screen saver Context. You can select images from your Google Photos library or Google curated artwork. And that’s all.
Change the Wallpaper and Theme on Your Chromebook
So here are the four ways you can use to change background images on your Chromebook. Be it Chrome browser, Chromebook desktop or lock screen, you can personalize them all with custom wallpapers. Anyway, it all comes from us. If you want to enable the new Chrome OS launcher on your Chromebook, head over to our linked article. And if you want to learn more about these Chrome OS tips and tricks, browse our comprehensive article. And if you have any questions, let us know in the comments section below.